Somerset County Judy Center Partnership
The Judith P. Hoyer Early Child Care and Family Education Centers or "Judy Center Partnerships" were created by the Maryland State Department of Education and serve children birth through Kindergarten and their families in an effort to increase the number of children entering school ready to learn. Judy Centers promote school readiness through collaboration with community-based agencies, organizations and local businesses. The goal of the Judy Center is to improve school readiness skills of children birth -five in the Princess Anne/Greenwood Elementary School areas and birth - Pre K in Crisfield area.
Who benefits from the Somerset Judy Center?
- Children in the Princess Anne and Woodson catchment areas will benefit. Children birth through kindergarten will be provided fun and exciting learning opportunities in all of the domains of learning throughout the entire year. Children with disabilities or special needs will be provided with interventions that may ensure greater school success.
- Parents of young children in the Princess Anne and Crisfield community will benefit because there will be many opportunities to become more involved in their child's education, increase their parenting skills and their own educational level. We will also provide many rich family-oriented activities.
- Somerset County Public Schools will benefit because children will enter school better prepared to learn. Parents will become more involved and, through early intervention, developmental delays and speech issues will be remedied before children enter the primary grades. This has social, as well as financial benefits for our school system.
- Our Community will benefit: Community organizations serving children and families will coordinate efforts and assist each other, getting much more “bang for your buck”. The Judy Center will help create a more successful workforce by aiding in adult education/ parent education/ nutrition and health initiatives etc. The Judy Center funding will also help the community leverage additional funds for other projects.
- The state will benefit because more children will enter our public schools with the skills needed to succeed and they will continue to succeed throughout life.
|Family Service Coordinator (Princess Anne)||Tynice Dashields|
|Family Service Coordinator (Crisfield)||Janell Hale|
|Home and School Connections Specialists||Tyshika Bonneville|
|Administrative Assistant||Michelle Lidinsky|
|Judy Center Coordinator||Karen Karten tel:410-651-1616 Ex 10255|
Princess Anne Lions Club
Elks Club Lodge #1044
American Legion Post #16