SOMERSET COUNTY BOARD OF EDUCATION
The Excellence by Design Committee developed a Mission Statement and System Beliefs that have been aligned with the Somerset County Public School’s system mission, goals, and strategies. The Mission Statement and Beliefs were formally adopted on December 16, 2014.
“Serving a rural, diverse community rooted in rich traditional values, Somerset County Public Schools empowers all students to become innovative problem solvers and ethical leaders by providing engaging, technology enhanced instruction and balanced extra-curricular programs.”
Somerset County Public Schools believe that:
- An understanding and appreciation for learning, varied cultures and diversity is essential to success in a global society.
- All students have the right to a safe, healthy and nurturing school environment.
- Students, family, school, and community share in the responsibility of education.
- All students have the capacity to learn and become productive citizens.
- A wide range of opportunities and a well-balanced, rigorous and engaging curriculum will lead to an educated community.