Pre-K and K Resources for At Home Learning
We know this is a difficult time for all of our families. Here are some resources that are designed to help your child review and practice skills, while schools are closed. These are only resources and are not designed to instruct students. In addition, you can find resources to help you and your child cope with the added fear and stress brought on by the outbreak of the Corona virus. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com. You can find additional resources on the Judy Center Facebook page @ SomersetCountyJudyCenterPartnership
Talking to Your Child About Covid-19
Ready 4K - If you would like to sign up for text messages with parenting ideas and activities, please send an email to Kkarten@somerset.k12.md.us . Please include your child's name, age and your cell phone number and you will be registered.
Additional Resources for Families With Young Children
Don't forget to limit your child's screen time! But here are some websites that are fun and educational.
- ABC Mouse- Learning activities for children ages 2-8. 30 days free trial.
- ABCya- Learning activities for children Pre-K through 6th grade.
- PBS Kids- FREE educational games and activities for children ages 3-8.
- Scholastic Learn At Home- Activities to keep your child busy. This website is updated weekly and includes online reading.
- Storyline Online- videos featuring celebrated actors reading children's books.
- 20 Virtual Trips To Take with Your Kids - Places to visit from the comfort of your home.
- Dr. Jean and Friends- Fun daily activities to do with your child.
- Best Learning Websites- a great resource of websites perfect for young children.
- Flyleaf Publishing- Free online emergent reader books.
Some Additional Ideas (these may seem simple but they are tried and true!)
- Talk to your child. Ask them questions.
- Sing songs together.
- Read! Read! Read!
- Keep a journal together. Have your child draw pictures.
- Practice writing everyday!
- Go outside and play.
- Try to keep a regular routine. Don't sleep the day away, have your child help around the house and make everyday activities into learning activities, stick to a regular bedtime.
- The library is closed right now, but did you know that you can use your library card to check out online books and movies! Visit Maryland's Digital Library or Hoopla.