Reasons to Select SCPS
Reasons to Select Somerset County Public Schools
- Progressive school system
- Competitive salary and benefits package
- Excellent school facilities: five elementary, one intermediate, two high schools and a Career & Technology Center
- Reasonable and comparatively attractive class sizes: Primary (18-1), Elementary (22-1), Intermediate (24-1), High (22-1), approximately 3000 total students
- Current and advanced technology. All schools are wired. Internet access in every classroom in the county.
- Ideal location: rural but within easy driving distance to urban centers (Washington DC, Baltimore, Philadelphia, Dove, Annapolis) and the Atlantic beaches.
- Low cost of living compared to more urban areas.
- Low incidences of crime
- Small school system with individualized attention for employees
- Rich and consistent program of staff development
- Strong and Supportive New Teacher Program with a variety of support experiences, a mentor program, and orientation seminars.
- Strong parent, business and community support to the school system
- Successful research based reading program in place
- Advanced placement and online course offerings in the high schools.