While continuity of learning directives are still forthcoming from our district, we are sharing here some online learning resources for your students to reinforce their skills while at home.
Discovery Education - www.discoveryeducation.com
- Discovery Education contains many free videos, lessons, resources on science, social studies, ELA, math, health, career/work skills, world languages, visual and performing arts. Students can access remotely by using their SCPS google credentials.
- SCPS Google credentials are: username: firstname.lastname@example.org, password: same as network password. Google credentials are for students grades 3+
Flocabulary - www.flocabulary.com
- Flocabulary is an interactive vocabulary resource with themed hip hop videos with paired quizzes, comprehension, games, and beat builder. Students can access with Google credentials if they are already joined in a course.
- SCPS Google credentials are: username: email@example.com, password: same as network password.
Math Is Fun - www.mathisfun.com
- Mathisfun.com is an online resource for students K-12 to study math in an enjoyable and easy-to-learn manner
- No log-in is necessary
Maryland Public Television - https://www.mpt.org/education/
- MPT is broadcasting an At-Home Learning program schedule from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m. weekdays.
- At-home learning toolkits designed to support you and your at-home learner
- Find engaging online field trips and self-paced student lessons. Early childhood resources include trusted PBS KIDS videos, games, and playful learning activities to enjoy with your children.
SCPS also has access to free databases through Gale, including: Gale One File, Gale One File Select, Gale One File News, Gale One File Educator's Reference, One File High School Edition, Gale in Context High School, Gale Books and Authors, Chilton Library (auto repair), Kids Info Bits, One File Middle School. The remote password is: oriole and the link to these resources is here: https://www.somerset.k12.md.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=269302&type=d&pREC_ID=673303
Additional digital resources can be found here: https://www.somerset.k12.md.us/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=269302&type=d&pREC_ID=674741
A chart of additional resources from the Maryland State Department of Education is available in the document below: