2016 Campaign Update
Thanks to the efforts of our staff, students and community, we were able to raise $53,802 to support the United Way. Thanks to your generosity, the United Way will be able to continue offering a multitude of much needed services to the residents of Somerset County. The United Way of the Lower Eastern Shore touches the lives of one out of every three of our residents. Your donations support efforts such as Meals-on-Wheels, Big Brothers/Big Sisters, Hospice, Easter Seals, Salvation Army, and many, many more.
Some highlights for our 2016 Campaign:
- Largest Donation and Most Donors: Princess Anne Elementary
- 100% Staff Participation: Crisfield Academy and High and Ewell Elementary
- Biggest Donation Increase from Last Year: Woodson Elementary
- Biggest Increase in Staff Participation from Last Year: Crisfield Academy and High
- More than 61% of our staff participated in this year’s campaign
- Plans are in the works for a special recognition event to be held this spring to celebrate our successes. Event details will be forthcoming.
- Some big new system wide special events are being planned for next year’s campaign
- We could always use volunteers, if you are interested in joining your schools coordination team or volunteering to help with one of our events contact your school principal or Mr. Leo Lawson.